Friday, January 23, 2009

Blog #1

Hey everyone! For those of you who do not know me my name is Amanda and I am a Senior at SPC. I am a 24 year old mother of one, and enjoy every minute of motherhood as well as attending SPC. Yes, I am a non traditional student but that does not bother me. I was almost dont with my degree before I had my son, but he encountered serious health problems due to premature birth, so he came first. He is the reason I came back to school and I love every minute of attending SPC. I have met great people, and would not trade it for the world! Thank you to everyone who has been a part of my experience at SPC! You are all truly amazing!
Now, That video about Assessment Going Wrong!! That Is crazy. Us teachers need to put an end to scaring children about testing. This is a reality that I think new teachers should conquer together. Children of all ages should enjoy learning and not be afraid of tests. It is not fair to them. There should be other ways to make testing pleasing and interesting. More positivity and less negativity please!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy!

    Thanks for posting.

    That video is an eye-opener. I thinkwe have *all* been there!

    Great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about the Assessment Going Wrong video! I was one of the kids that was always scared of testing. I think I've had the teacher from the video before.... =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I totally agree with your view about the Assessment Going Wrong video! I have definitely been there before! Actually my third grade teacher reminded me of the girl acting in the video lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to agree with you with the Assessment Going Wrong video. I had those moments before. As new educators we all have to remember to test differently and allow our students to shine in different ways. We have to teach our students that learning should always be positive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mandy! Like everyone else, I completely agree with you about the Assessment Going Wrong video! Like Dr. Luongo said, I think everyone has experienced the scare of tests and that's where I agree with you that together we have to make students not afraid of test! In my blog, I even wrote that there has to be a fun way to assess students and that we should find it! Great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mandy, I totally know how being a full time
    student and mother feels. It makes you feel
    accomplished, like you really can conquer the
    world. Also, i totally agree with you 100% that
    students need new forms of testing because they
    are basically being scared into bad grades.
    Totally agree!!

    ReplyDelete